Some students are just lazy. They always wait until the last minute to do their assignment. But others just lose track of time. College is a busy place. Some courses are so time-consuming that deadlines can sometimes catch you unaware.
But homework assignments shouldn’t make you fret. In truth, most of them can be done in an hour or less. Obviously, if you want to succeed, you need to tackle your assignments early. No one here is encouraging you to wait until the final hour to do your homework.
But if the unexpected happens and you find yourself in a situation where you have to finish your assignment in the shortest amount of time possible, consider the following tips:
1) You should always start by making a list. Write down all the things you have to do in the order that they must be done. If there is no mandatory order, arrange the tasks based on what you consider to be a priority. This should include all the books you need to read.
2) Once your tasks have been listed, determine the amount of time you have on hand. If an hour is truly all you have, divide your time among the tasks on your list. Be strict. Shave as many minutes off each task as possible until you have found a way to fit all your work into the available hour.
Much Appreciated Tip: Have no time at all? Ask just google “need assignment help” and your homework will be done by a professional.
3) Once you are ready to start, identify an appropriate workspace. You need a location that is comfortable. But it shouldn’t be so comfortable that it lulls you into sleep. A desk and chair will do. As for the environment, find a place that is lit well. You don’t want to strain your eyes unnecessarily.
You are going to require peace and quiet. That means eliminating all distractions. Unplug every electronic device in the room. Switch all your phones and tablets off. Tell all your friends and family members to leave you alone for the next hour. Tell them that you cannot be disturbed unless it is an emergency.
If you cannot switch your digital devices off for one reason or another, use software that blocks access to social media and other distracting websites.
4) Once the workstation is ready, you need to get all your gear. You have to work consistently without any distractions; this means making sure that everything you need is within reach. If you keep getting up to fetch the things you need, you are going to lose precious minutes and seconds.
You will also interrupt any momentum you might have gained. To avoid this, make sure that all your pens, pencils, books, and the like are on the table before you. If you think you will need a glass of water during the hour, keep that nearby as well. Make sure that once you start working, you don’t have to leave your seat until your assignment is complete.
5) The last component that you require to get your assignment done in an hour is a timer. Remember, you broke your assignment into tasks and you estimated the amount of time it would take you to complete each task. In order to finish your assignment in an hour, you must complete all your tasks in the time you allotted. This is where a timer enters the picture.
Time yourself. This will ensure that you stick to your schedule. The timer will also push you to work harder and faster if only to stay within the limits you created.
6) Don’t forget to reward yourself. Obviously, you can’t do this during the assignment. Find something you like and schedule it for a time after the assignment is finished. This will act as motivation. The rewards don’t have to be big. Their objective is to give you something to look forward to down the line.
7) Because you are trying to complete your homework within an hour, there is no place for breaks. But you can still drink some water or eat a snack as you work. The snacks should healthy and simple so that you can consume them even as you work. The food will keep your body revitalized, especially if you select nourishing items like apples and celery.