The doctor’s profession is considered as the most respectable profession in the entire world as they choose to save the lives of millions of people by becoming qualified doctors. For getting admission in a medical course, the candidates must have qualified the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) test which is taken by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The qualifying NEET candidates will get admission in the medical and dental colleges of India. The exam earlier was scheduled to be taken offline in the last week of May across all the exam centers across the country. However, due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the authority has postponed the date of the exam until further notice.
So instead of wasting the self-isolation time, the candidates can utilize it by studying harder for the exam as per the NEET Exam Pattern. We are discussing seven useful preparation tips that will help the candidates to prepare for the exam in the best possible way aiming to score high in NEET 2020.
NEET Exam Pattern
Before we start discussing some useful tips as per the NEET Exam Pattern, let’s have a quick overview of NEET Exam 2020
- Conducting Body- National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Mode of Exam- Written
- Total Subjects- 4
- Exam Language- 11 different language
- Total Time Limit- 3 Hours
- Number of Questions- 180
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology)
- Subject Wise Questions
- Physics- 45
- Chemistry- 45
- Biology- 90 (Botany (45) + Zoology (45))
- Maximum Marks- 720
- Marks per Question- 4 for every correct answer
- Negative Marking- -1 for every incorrect answer
- Courses Offered through the exam- MBBS, BDS
7 Useful tips to prepare as per the NEET Exam Pattern
Here are 7 preparation tips that help candidates to prepare better:-
- Make a smart and strong study plan- Making a smart and strong study plan is key to scoring high in the exam. The candidates must build a comprehensive strategy to crack NEET 2020 and they are suggested to stick to the schedule so that any of the important topic or chapter doesn’t get missed. Since four subjects need to be prepared including Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology so covering all the subjects effectively are important to adhere to the NEET Exam Pattern.
- Know the detailed syllabus – Since the syllabus is the base of the study schedule which the NEET aspirants must be well versed with. The entire preparation would be of no use in case the candidates are not aware of the NEET Exam Pattern and don’t know the details of the sections, chapters, and concepts that can be asked in the NEET test. It is important to have a detailed knowledge of the syllabus as it is crucial for formulating a strategy in NEET preparation tips 2020. The candidates must divide the time equally on all the sections so that they can go through all the topics easily.
- Start From the Scratch- The candidates need to develop a basic understanding of all the concepts as per the NEET Exam Pattern. Once the students have finished the concepts, they can begin with concentrating on important chapters and concepts of NEET and can start making the notes that can help them in revising the important topics, formulas later. Also by starting from scratch, the students will be able to save much of their time which otherwise might get wasted later for writing the important points and formulas.
- Start preparing through the NCERT standard books first.
- Pen down the important topics and formulas.
- Prepare a list of the important chapters.
- Use best books to study as per NEET Exam Pattern- One useful tip to secure good marks in the NEET 2020 exam is to refer to the best books that are written by the renowned authors as it will help a lot in cracking the NEET. There is no denying to the fact that NCERT books are the best source of information that helps in preparing thoroughly, but other relevant resources are also useful in revising the entire latest syllabus according to the NEET Exam pattern. The NEET aspirants should buy those books that help clear the basic concepts and help you in preparing a strong strategy to solve questions quickly.
- Go through previous year’s exam analysis – Many renowned coaching institutes release the overall analysis of the examination done by the academics experts. By referring to the previous year’s analysis of the NEET exam, the candidates can get a lot of help in preparing for NEET 2020. Also, NEET aspirants must practice regularly otherwise it will become very stressful in the end as the candidates will not be able to figure out what all chapters they have studied. NEET practice papers will allow the candidates to work on their weaker areas as well in addition to strengthening on the stronger points.
- Solve more practice questions for each chapter.
- Pen down the difficult questions.
- Pay detailed attention to your weaker points as well
- Know the chapter-wise weightage – Most of the students try to focus on numerous topics instead of wasting time on those topics that hold lesser weightage in the exam. The chapter-wise weightage is calculated based on the analysis of previous year question papers and it helps the students in preparing for the exam. By knowing the chapter-wise weightage of NEET, the candidates can identify the importance of a topic and the number of marks they are likely to score in their NEET test.
- Take more Mock Tests– By giving more mock tests regularly; the students will be able to build up their confidence along with understanding the concepts as per the NEET Exam Pattern. By taking more NEET mock tests, the candidates will get experience personalization at its best. The test analysis generated after every test will help the candidates to understand their loopholes and they can focus on improving them. Taking more mock tests will eventually help in scoring high scores in the NEET exam.
- Take mock tests.
- Track your performance.
- Focus on your weaker areas
After following all the above-mentioned NEET preparation tips, the candidates will be able to prepare well for the exam. But taking mock tests and practising more previous years’ papers are not sufficient in case the candidates do not assess their performance in the tests and know where you are lagging behind. The only best way to improve your scores is to identify your weaknesses and mistakes and then using a roadmap to score higher in the NEET test.
So pull up your socks and start utilizing the self-quarantine time in an effective way to get a seat in one of the top medical colleges in the country. Prepare for the test as per the NEET Exam Pattern, since the level of competition is much higher for NEET exam, so your NEET Preparation must be top-notch to stay ahead among other competitors.